Hey Pandas, Give Me A Random Fact
I hope you have a good time!
I get downvoted for saying or posting literally anything. This is a fact. I posted a drawing of Green Goblin I did in algebra and got downvoted. I posted a joke and got 5 downvotes. None were offensive in any way. Like damn. Did anyone read my bio!?
Smiles is the longest word in the English Language as their is a whole mile between the two letters S.
Random? It is perfectly OK to practice random acts of kindness.
The month of January 2023 has not even finished yet, and the US tally of mass shootings has already exceed one per day.
Australia is wider than the moon.
(Moon: 3400 km wide; Australia: 4000 km wide)
A butt is an actual unit of measurement for a cask of wine (got it off a fact generator don't judge me)
Both whales and hippos evolved from a wolf-looking ungulate called Pakicetus. I recommend looking up the evolution infographic, it's a beautiful mess.
In 2015 a woman in Germany called the police to report a stalker. So the police arrived and arrested said stalker and hauled him to the police station. The stalker was a red squirrel. They released the squirrel a few hours later.
Some about my homeland!
The longest running TV show IN THE WORLD is aired in Ireland! It Started the year TV's were introduced to Ireland (1961 I think...) and has been running ever since.
The word Boycott, comes from my home county in Ireland. Basically we didn't like the land agent Charles Boycott, so everyone agreed to refuse to serve him in all of the shops or deal with him in business.
Ireland holds the world Records for... Most cookies baked in an hour, Largest tea towel, Most cups of teat in an hour, Highest combined age, and Highest number of redheads per capita.
Aboriginal Australians lived in paradise before colonisation. It took on average 4hrs/day to acquire all the food and resources you'd need. Imagine if your biggest choice was "do I hunt, fish or go to the yam beds today". After you have a big party with everyone, eat, dance and go to bed.
Furthermore Aboriginal people resisted colonisation every step of the way. It is a lie that we were dying out. It is a lie that we were happy to be subjugated. Today is Australia day, a day that celebrates colonisation. In Australia they celebrate the day my people were murdered rather than better dates such as the day Aboriginal people got the right to vote and we all were included as Australians. The date of our national holiday needs to change
Scientists spent years trying to figure out what these ancient runes really high up on a cave wall meant, managed to translate them only to find that all they said was: 'This wall is very high'
Furries aren't automatically pedophiles or zoophiles. They're mostly made up of Millenials and Gen Z.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! HER ARE MINE:
Competitive art used to be in the Olympics.
A chef's hat has exactly 100 pleats.
"OMG" usage can be traced back to 1917.
Some cats are actually allergic to humans.
The majority of your brain is fat.
Oranges aren't naturally occurring fruits.
Animals that lay eggs don't have belly buttons.
Boanthropy is the psychological disorder in which patients believe they are a cow.
Camels have three eyelids.
There is a McDonalds in every continent except Antarctica.
Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas.
- The first life form that intentionally reached space were fruit flies, placed by NASA in the tip of a Aggregat 4 (V2) rocket in 1947.
- We always see the same side of the moon, as it's rotation around it's own axis happens with the same speed it takes to fully orbit Earth.
- The James Webb telescope project had 344 "single points of failure", meaning if one thing went wrong the whole thing would have been useless. Luckily none of them happened, since we wouldn't be able to repair it anyways due to it's location
If you laid out end-to-end all the fecal matter that has passed through your colon during your lifetime, questions would definitely be asked about your mental state.
Hmm, I have a lot.
1) if the Milky Way galaxy was the size of the USA, the sun would be the size of a white blood cell.
2) comparing an atom to a coin is like comparing the coin to the moon.
3) in about 4 billion years, the Milky Way and its neighbour (the Andromeda galaxy) will collide and merge forming a new galaxy by the name “Milkdromeda” (not the official name but it’s what people prefer calling it)
4) there is a theorised type of matter known as “anti-matter”. If you touch an anti-matter version of yourself, you both would anhilate each other and give out a huge burst of energy. (The properties of anti-matter and regular matter are the same except that the charges are reversed. Electrons are positive, protons are negative and so on)
5) there is a 1 in 5.2*10^61 chance that if you slam your hand against a table, the atoms in your hand will miss the atoms in the table and go right through it.
6) if you were able to compress the history of planet Earth into a single day, humans would appear 1 second before midnight.
7) it’s impossible to cool down an atom to 0 Kelvin. If you did that then you would know how fast the atom was going ( 0 km/hr) and where it was which isn’t exactly allowed in this universe.
8) the skin on your a**s and the skin on your lips are exactly the same.
I have a lot more facts but I’m afraid I’m running out of space so maybe next time
The Eiffel Tower can grow taller in the summer due to thermal expansion
An Axolotl and regenerate it's brain if need be and they are almost gone in the wild. Only about 1,000 left in wild but millions in homes
A neutron star bullet is as heavy is the Empire State Building
Cockroaches are thigmotropic.
Thigmotropism is a directional growth, which occurs as response to a touch stimulus. Sounds familiar, you dirty dirty minds? Yours truly, HR.
Dogs didn't evolve from wolves, wolves and dogs evolved from the same species
65-85% of white cats with blue eyes are deaf. If only one eye is blue, only the ear on the same side will be deaf.
The word apartheid is a Dutch word. Not something to be proud of.
Green eyes are the rarest color. Only 2% of the world population has green eyes. Proud to be one of them lol! Thus far it is my only claim to fame!
Uh... animal fact? Ok... ya know the pictures tou see to anglerfish? Bigger mouth, huge teeth, little light on top? All those are female. The males are born tiny, hungry, and weak jawed. The find a female anglerfish and bite her. The female then releases and enzyme that fuses the male to her body, and slowly absorbs him until all that is left are his testicles. Scientists have found female fish with hundreds of rows of tiny testicles on their bodies. The female, after absorbing the male, can reproduce whenever she wants.
The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer, due to thermal expansion meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy and take up more space!
A theory for why cats are said to have "nine lives" comes from folklore that a witch could only turn into a cat nine times. After the ninth transformation into a cat, the witch could no longer return to human form and would remain a cat forever.
Cleave is the only English word I know that has two completely opposite meanings. There are plenty of words that have different, unrelated meanings, but I can't think of any others offhand that are actually opposites. Cleave can either mean to split one thing in two, or for two things to join into one. (I look forward to the comments. I expect to have a lot of others brought to my attention!)
Alligators and crocodiles can gallop 20+ mph.
You shed roughly 40 lbs of skin throughout your life
Dolphins use pufferfish to get high and gang rape other creatures and dolphins
Geese hold grudges
Tarantulas can swim
There are more cells in your body that don't have your DNA than ones that do. You are an assembly; you are an environment.
Domino's Pizza restaurants in Scotland have kilts as official uniform items and has its own registered tartan integrating the red and blue company brand colors.
Killer Whales are actually the biggest dolphins in the world and their name comes from sailors who saw them hunt whales called them "Whale Killers" and eventually became "Killer Whales"
i have a couple.
The brain not only named itself, but it also recognized that it named itself and was surprised when it realized that.
There is no physical evidence to say that today is Thursday, we all just have to trust that someone has kept count since the first one ever.
The average person walks past 36 murderers in their lifetime.
If you fell into a black hole, you could see the start and the end of the universe, Big Bang and all.
Of course you’d be dead, but still.
Heartbreak can trigger a massive flood of emotions that can cause fatal heart attacks.
that's it have fun
well as a fan of random trivia and a huge nerd, here's the first 10 random facts I thought of:
1) dolphin semen causes orgasms so extreme they stop your heart and kill you. also the thing about dolphins saving people in the ocean? yea no they're much more likely to rape you.
2) the official animal of scotland is the unicorn.
3) if your immune system found out about your eyes, it would think your eyes are a foreign object and destroy them.
4) the only food that never goes bad is honey.
5) pools shouldn't smell. everybody thinks that chlorine has a smell, but it doesn't. what you actually smell at a pool is chloride; which is a chemical reaction that occurs when you mix chlorine and urine, sweat, and/or makeup.
6) there is nothing every single human agrees on. literally nothing. not even the majority of humans can agree on something. and i bet someone who is reading this disagrees with me.
7) the name for fear of palindromes (words/phrases that are spelled the same forwards and backwards. for example dad; racecar; hannah; go hang a salami, i'm a lasagna hog) is aibohphobia. yea english is fun.
8) "anyways" is not a word. the word is "anyway." "irregardless" is not a word. the word is "regardless". "i could care less" makes no sense. you mean "i couldn't care less." signed, every grammar nerd ever.
9) 31 out of the world's 32 developed countries have free healthcare. guess which one is the odd one out. GO 'MURICA!
10) period cramps can produce the same amount of pain as a heart attack. no im not joking. having a uterus fcking sucks.
There is a chord known as "The Devils Chord", which just so happens to be a half step different from a chord commonly played in churches.
Source: Middle school band class. There was a resulting "sacrifice" of the bass player.
Random fact? This website won't let me comment on anything despite the fact that I literally did the verification. Been lurking for ~2 years and I finally make an account and seriously regret it because of how infuriating this site can be sometimes. :sigh:.
Must be most obscure in this post - Tellurium is added to molten steel so that when Boron is added to strengthen the steel it does not form Boron nitrides.
It’s technically illegal kiss for more than 5 minutes at a time in Iowa and to sing in a bathing suit in public in Florida, but 20 countries, including some states in the U. S., have acquitted rapists of their crimes because they married their victim. These facts are not connected, I just found all of them interesting, and the last one disturbed me.
For each kernel of corn on a cob, there is a silk. The silks helps to pollinate each kernel so if there are undeveloped kernels, the silk was probably disturbed or damaged in the growth process.
A polar bear’s skin is not white but black!!!
Hippos can run 30 mph.
The space between puzzle pieces is known as a kerf, which is defined as a cut made with a saw.
Oyster mushrooms are carnivores. Their myceliums ("roots", basically) grow these little balloons full of neurotoxins that pop and paralyze nematodes (roundworms) on contact, and then the myceliums grow into and digest the worms.
Pom Pom crabs are the only animals known to help another animal reproduce asexually
Hmm, oh I know. All cruise ships have to have morges in case of a reenactment of titanic
bees not only dance to tell other bees where flowers and stuff are, but they also adapt their dance to the sun's pattern
The term "skyscraper" existed well before we were building tall buildings with elevators and steel frame construction. The term was used for the tall ships. In port in many cases their masts were the tallest thing in town, except for the church steeple of a large enough church in a large enough town.
People who play trumpet are genetically shown to be cooler than everyone else
More of an . . . Interesting fact
But sea pickles have spikes up their a**s so that way smaller animals don't take shelter where the sun don't shine.
Dave Grohl has been part of two losses (Each of them were flipped)
Nirvana: Drummer loses singer
FF: Singer loses drummer
pluto has five moons, the biggest being charon. also, it has a heart shaped area on it of newer ice. charon's ratio in size compared to pluto makes it the biggest moon compared to the planet in the solar system. in second place, we find earth and earth's moon.
"OMG" usage can be traced back to 1917
Here's a bit of useless trivia for you.
On the original Star Trek television series, there was a character they called Scottie. His last name was Scott, his first name was Montgomery.
People are complicated
The Earth is round!
Antechinus or the marsupial mouse mates itself to death. Every breeding season all the males go into a mating frenzy for about 1 week. Come (tehehe) the end of it all the males die off from exhaustion. The females have young and the males of that brood replace the last. What a way to go!
Only recently, scientists studying the Pacific Ocean identified a lost continent, since named Zealandia. The main bits still sticking up above water are New Zealand and New Caledonia. It was shown that even the parts still submerged had once been above the ocean, long enough to weather. So, that makes 8 continents if I added correctly.
Also, the Pacific Ocean is expanding as the continents drift back into another huge land mass (still many millions of years in the future!) A recent BP photo of the Ocean showed only once significant landmass - New Zealand. This is a nice change as NZ is often missed off "whole world" maps! Kia ora to all my fellow Kiwis! Arohanui.
Facts to give you an existential crisis:
- You're not actually solid. You're mostly empty space. You're made of atoms, and they're just a tiny nucleus and some tinier electrons with a ton of space between them.
- The Big Bang had a bunch of really short, exotic eras a fraction of a second long. That seems short to us. The era of stars and life seems like the point of the universe that the short seconds of the Big Bang were a precursor to. But this isn't the universe's final form. After the stars go out, the era of black holes will last so much longer than the era of stars that the era of stars is on the same scale as the split-second-long eras at the beginning of the Big Bang. We are still living in the Big Bang.
- There are 2 trillion galaxies.
A sea anemone appears to have one large eyeball. It's really a mouth/a**s.
20% of people don't realise that 82% of statistics are made up
My undergrad degree is in Japanese, and I learned this tidbit in a history class:
After the atom bomb, people saw what they called "pink horses." It wasn't a hallucination. The horses' fur and skin melted off, and their nerve endings went with it. The horses couldn't feel pain as they became dehydrated and died from the burns.
Have a good day!
The spongy elastic triangle of tissue in a horse's hoof is called the frog.
Unicorns were real. They looked like humongous shaggy rhino/pony/flying bison (AtLA) hybrids. And they were glorious and if we bring back any extinct species it should be them and I will live out my childhood misunderstood horse-girl fantasies and befriend one and ride it everywhere. Fact.
Crosses between bison and cattle are "beefalo" or "cattalo". They have cattle fathers and bison mothers; the resulting offspring is too broad shouldered for a cow to deliver safely. B
Approximately 400 people per year die from an allergy to sperm.
Here are some random facts:
-If you die, your body is left unattended and you have a cat, your pet will eat you.
-The crew of the RMS Titanic were fired once the ship hit the iceberg. And the family of the band director was charged for the loss of his uniform.
-A cat was shot as a spy during WW1. French and German soldiers were using the cat to send messages.
-After a year, about 1/3 of the weight of your pillow is dust mittes.
-The black cigarrete in a pack of Lucky Strikes is a grim reminder of WW1. Sharpshooters used to killed the third person in a row that lit it.
Serif fonts date back to the days of chiseling type into stone. Serifs were added to the top and bottom to tidy up the letters!
about 33% of public bathroom cold water handles have fecal matter on them.
When human brain matter becomes exposed to the air, it turns into a snot-like consistency. Also: if it takes a minute to clean it off the pavement, coyotes WILL eat it.
My current favorite word is defenestration. It means to throw someone out of a window.
The toilet plunger was invented in 1874 by a new york confectioner.
Some fish have teeth especially the Sheepshead fish that boast weirdly human-like teeth.
my fact is that people bully others solely because they don't feel good about themselves or they're jealous so they take their anger out on others and if you are a victim of bullying i can help just look into my account and i have a post on bullying and how to help just post how you are bullied and i can give you encouragement and help to stand up for yourself so don't be afraid just ignore them, they are wrong you just need to worry about what you think about yourself and i suggest putting a rose quartz under your mirror because that produces self love.
yours, Maddisyn Reeves
Alright, here we go!
-The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m)
-Diet Coke was only invented in 1982
-When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.
-Stop signs used to be yellow
-A jiffy is an actual unit of time
-A jiffy is an actual unit of time
-McDonald's once created bubblegum-flavored broccoli
Sorry this was so long lol have a good day
A group of pandas is called an 'embarassment'. Some other cool collective nouns include a a business of ferrets, qn army of frogs, a tower of giraffes, a cackle of hyenas, a conspiracy of lemurs, a prickle of porcupines and a kalediscope of butterflies :)
"THE SUN IS A DEADLY LASER." - Nathan of The Paperclips.
Arthur Morgan is the greatest video game protagonist of all time.
The only thing that's impossible is to have two hills with no valley....
It is okay to cut people out. I know a lot of people say it but we all really need to hear it.
I got spinal fusion surgery a few weeks ago and it wasn't fun, it still isn't.
A shrimp's heart is in its head.
The more birthdays you have increases your life span by one year.😏
France longest frontier is with Brasil (730 km). Followed by Spain (623 km), and Belgium (620 km)
Rubies and sapphires are the same thing!
Antitidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
Fructophobia is the fear of fruit, and bananaphobia is specifically for bananas.
1. Green light alleviates pain. New studies show that full-field green light frequency at 10 lux eases pain in animals. Great news for addiction treatment!
2. Beatrix Potter wrote her 1881-1897 journal in code that wasn't broken until 1958.
3. In 1985, Aretha Franklin's voice was declared a "natural resource" of the state of Michigan.
4. In 1916, Adeline and Augusta Van Buren became the first women to travel across the country on two solo motorcycles. They made it despite frequently being arrested for wearing pants.
The Boris Karloff, the actor who portrayed the original Frankenstein's monster, also voiced the original Grinch.
Random fact: Computers don't know how to make random numbers, random selections, or random anything.
If you kick your wall a huge hole will most likely appear!
Did you know that only the male Foxes have white on their tale? It’s true. Only found that out like some weeks ago ._. So for every artist out there: When you draw a female Fox, don’t put white on the tail…