When it comes to making something noticeable, the biggest mistake artists do is making everything perfectly right. However, if you are really serious about getting famous with your piece of art – you should definitely be more reckless with Photoshop.
If you lack of imagination about what to do, don’t worry – I’ll help you. A good way to start is by accidentally removing someones feet. If you have a close-up shot with only hands visible – don’t worry – it’s also a perfect opportunity! Just add the sixth finger, and wait for someone to spot it.
However, the best result is guaranteed, when you are responsible for making a cover photo for a popular magazine or newspaper. You should be more careful though, and make the photoshop mistake very subtle and unnoticeable for the editors. They don’t like it. Once you get through them, the mistake should be noticed pretty quickly if the magazine/newspaper is popular enough. Otherwise, if nothing happens – send some anonymous letters to guys like photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com.
OK, now let’s jump to the Best Photoshop Mistake Examples, and learn from the best.
1. Whitney: When 2 Hands Are Just Not Enough
2. Good Guitarist Have 5 fingers, Best Ones Have 6
3. Oi: Cutting Costs Where Possible
4. S. Kelby: Reflections are Different in Digital Photography
“..make your photos look like the pros’!”
5. Your Pussy Is On Fire
This could also be a flash synchronization problem, however not fixing it is just another form of photoshop mistakes.
6. Domino’s Box: American Idol With Six Fingers
And you thought you could win the American Idol with 5 fingers? (via slice)
7. Don McKay: Oh, Here’s My Leg, Finally!
8. A Magazine: They’re Really Big…
9. Lost: Similar Clouds
It’s not designer’s fault there were so many characters in the show. (original)
10. Victoria’s Secret: Invisible HandBag
I wonder what other secrets does she have?
11. Metro vs Sun
One guy is missing. Guess who?
12. Silvio Berlusconi: Twins
13. Microsoft: However, They Left The Asian Guy
Polish version of Microsoft had a black guy photoshoped out, but they still left his black hand.
14. Mega Magazine: Nice Fingers
15. Formoza: A Girl With Wooden Hands
They probably have only this girl’s photo, and put different things in her hands whenever they need a poster.
16. Dust Jeans: He Took My Hand!
17. Glenn Feron Retouching
Not a mistake, but you can learn a lot from this guy. (original)
18. Jennifer Lopez Child With An Arm Transplant
19. M.Carlo Resort: Girl With No Thumb or Just 2 Left Hands
(Advertising Agency: David&Goliath, USA | original)
20. Fashionable in 2006: Long Curls & Broken Neck
21. Levis: Quality of Reflection Got Out Of Style
22. Unwigged & Unplugged: Midget On My Back
Looks like their midget drummer tried to get into the shot by lifting himself up onto the guys back – sadly, he was too late. (original)
23. PhotohouseUSA: Daddy’s Hand
Daddy is gone, but we always carry his hand wherever we go.
24. Parle Moi D’Amour: Migrating Mole
Michel Leeb also noticed it. (original)
25. Paris-Match: So, Whose Leg is This?
If this is a midget – he must be really small one, because according to Reuters Sarkozy is 5′ 5″ (1.65m) tall.
26. Lexar: 8Gb
I’d check this one before buying.
27. Halens: Something Between Her Legs
Sometimes bad photoshopping is better than no photoshopping. (original was here)
28. Unknown Magazine: Leg Problems
29. Rigged Outfitters: Magic T-Shirt
(Original was here)
30. Body by Milk: Hand
31. Frightening Iran Missiles
Someone in Iran thought 4 missiles would be 33% more scary than three…(original)
32. You Are Hot, But What’s With The Wall?