49 Good Puppers That Learned They Should Never Mess With Bees
There shouldn’t be a shadow of a doubt in anyone’s minds that we love our four-legged furry pals (and some of us might give them more attention than we do our human amigos). And if you own a cute puppy, chances are that you're giving it the best care that you can. The thing is, no matter how much you keep an eye on them, they can still land in trouble and end up eating something they shouldn’t. Like a bee or a wasp, aka a jalapeno flying raisin falling from the sky.
The next thing you know, they’ve swollen up and turned into tiny Michelin Men (or kielbasas if you haven’t had lunch yet and you have a Dachshund). It’s not nice to laugh at someone in pain, but the pups who got stung got the professional attention they needed, as some dogs can actually be allergic to insect stings. But they look so adorable and regretful after their important life lessons, Bored Panda couldn’t help but share photos of them with you.
Scroll on down and upvote your fave pics of swollen up canines who learned the hard way not to swallow everything in their paths. Drop us a comment about which pics of these unlucky puppers made you chuckle and go ‘aww’ the most. And let us know in the comments if your pet’s ever eaten a bee before and what you did to help it.
This post may include affiliate links.
My Friends' Dog Ate A Bee
They gave him Benedryl, and he's doing a lot better
The look on the pupper, it's like "no one saw that, right?".
Plump wiener feels no shame in his decision. In fact, he might also eat you
Poor Good Boy Got Defeated By A Hive Of Bees
This picture was taken a few days ago. We did not bring him to the emergency vet, but we immediately gave him Benadryl. Within the hour amount of time, his swelling and anxiety subsided. We were prepared to bring him in if necessary. Nearly a week later, a full recovery and back to his usual self
If you can see that your best boy or girl is having a hard time breathing, has a swollen mouth or throat, or has collapsed, the first thing you should do is contact your vet ASAP! This is a serious medical emergency and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
The Blue Cross explains that some dogs can be allergic to bee and wasp stings, so owners should always be on the lookout for signs of an allergic reaction, such as swelling or difficulty breathing. What’s more, if an insect gets inside your canine’s mouth, there’s an added danger because the swelling can block its airway.
Don't try to give your dog human antihistamines without consulting your vet beforehand: some varieties might be alright for your pup but others could make it fall seriously ill.
This Is Sonja. In Her Defense, Nobody Explicitly Told Her Bees Aren’t Snacks. 13/10 Would Boop But Gently
Awww, poor angel. Sending cuddles and soft words.
Our Goldie Rosie Stepped On A Wasp
Winnie Poo Still Wondering Why The Bee Didn’t Want To Play ..
While most insect stings will be 'just' painful or irritating, being stung multiple times could even be fatal. However, if you see that the situation is under control, you can try pulling or scraping out the bee sting using something flat like a credit card yourself. Try not to squeeze the sting because you might end up letting more poison into the wound.
Then, bathe the affected area in water, apply ice and lots of love to help get the swelling down and to start up the healing process.
Puppy After Some Bee Stings
And now he looks like Mr. Potato head
My Dog Decided To Eat A Bee
And now his snout looks like a Croc
Stung By A Wasp. Now She Looks Like Gonzo
She's seen the vet. She's on meds and doing well
Thing is, this dog is probably just laying low after a bank robbery
Ate A Bee
This is a rare encounter with a land Manatee, only resurfacing when a specific bee call, sounding like 'Free Benedryl shots for everyone,' is heard
Those Spicy Sky Raisins Get You Every Time
Here you can see a dog that genuinely appreciates the artworks of Rubens'
Bee Stings Aren't Fun
But they sure can turn your regular dog into a furry cantaloupe!
Repeat After Me: Do Not Eat Bees
Or you can skip the words entirely and learn from your actions instead
My Pibble Getting A Shot After Trying To Eat A Bee
Major was given a shot of Benedryl and steroids. The poor little guy was just at the vet two hours before this because he had a rash/swelling caused by anxiety. We are in the area of Cali that had fires and packed up to evacuate, and he didn't deal well with the stress. Came home from the vet, an hour later he gets stung by a bee
Rocky Ate A Bee To Celebrate National Dog Day
This Dog That Ate A Bee
And yet he's looking longingly for more
My Dog Got Stung On Her Head. Now She Has Forest Whitaker Eye
I've been laughing every time she looked at me it's too funny
He Also Tried To Eat A Bee
And being a smart dog that he is, tried it immediately again
My Sister’s Pup Ate A Bee
a.k.a me, after pulling an all-nighter
My Dog Got Stung By A Bee
As if he didn't look angry enough before...
Murph Got Himself Stung By A Bee
Good Girl Ate A Bee
First Timer. Meet Roux And His Fat Balloon Head
He went to the vets last night and was completely back to normal by this morning. Didn’t phase him or his insanity for even a second
Chihuahua Why Would You Eat That?
You'd eat one too if it were the only thing that could make you at least a tiny bit bigger
Someone Ate A Bee (Before And After The Vet)
My Pup Ate A Bee. The Poor Little Girl Looked Like A Squirrel
We took her to the vet immediately, and after medication and a shot, the swelling went down. Took about 2 minutes
My 8-Month-Old Boxer Puppy, Duke, Got Stung By A Wasp Yesterday. He Looked Like A Cartoon
The vets said it's the worst reaction they've ever seen. He's fine now, can hardly notice any swelling or reaction at all and he's back to his crazy self
Zoe Ate A Wasp
I just woke up, and she was puffy. We found the carcass where she’d spit it out. She’ll be two in May, so maybe she’s old enough to reason it out
My Friend's Poor Dog Is Allergic To Bees
Spicy Flies: 1, Good Boy: 0
Well, we all know that labs never learn from their mistakes, so it might as well be 20 : 0
Baby's First Bee Sting
My Dog Got In A Fight With A Bee, And Lost
He's fine now. I had to leave the house as soon as I took that pic and was a bit worried when I had to go, but he was okay. I took him on a walk later that day and all of a sudden he stopped walking and wouldn't budge. I didn't know what was wrong until I saw a hornet flying around and realized he was afraid of it, so I had to carry him 20' to get away from it. He's such a little baby
My Puppy Ate A Bee Today
We got her home, and she went straight back to trying to eat bugs, so I am not convinced she learned her lesson
My Chihuahua Ate A Wasp
Curious Lacey With A Bee-Stung Face
After that, we've renamed her to Lacey McClogface
He’s Such A Special Boy That He Only Just Realized He’s In The Vets Office When I Took This Pic
He Found A Spicy Fly While The Other Dog Just Slept Through It
The one in the back looks like a chow, all they do is sleep.
Poor doggos, my beloved Jess, my springer spaniel who died in 2003 had a fight with a bee and lost as well, it makes me want to cry thinking about her and her silly swollen face.I loved that girl so much, anyway poor doggos, they all look like they feel a bit sorry for themselves.
And they should! Poor lil good boys and girls
I am so very sorry for your loss. May Jess rest in peace. I hope bees don't get to cross the rainbow bridge!
Well, if you were being eaten by something that could eat the rest of your hive if you didn’t do something, and you had one method of keeping them away, you would use it, right? Bees only sting if they feel it’s absolutely necessary, because they die right afterward. I think they should be able to cross the rainbow bridge. Wasps, on the other hand...
If I could add a gentle word of warning here -- if you're sure your dog ate a bee and the swelling isn't too bad, it's probably fine to give it some antihistamines and cuddles and wait for it to get better. However, I once thought my dog had eaten a bee because she had a very swollen cheek, turned out she had an infected gland instead (I took her to the vet, she got antibiotics, and she's fine). It would be so much easier if our dogs could just tell us what's wrong so we'd know how to help them... but as long as they can't, it's always better to err on the side of caution.