According to some, all it takes to be a hipster is to wear plaid shirts and Rayban sunglasses and drink Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. For others, it means gentrification, cultural elitism or insincerity and the over-use of irony. But here is something that most of us can probably agree upon – these are some of the most hipster images ever.
Some may even argue that hipsters are a paradox – what happens to a group of people who hate all things mainstream when they themselves become mainstream?
For all the different ways that people see or define hipsters, we’re sure that you’ll all find some sort of common ground among these images. Inspired by Buzzfeed’s list that they compiled largely from Imgur, we collected some more images that we thought were intensely hipsterish.
1. This guy riding a camel down city streets (against traffic)
2. Whoever parked their penny-farthing bicycle at the Apple store
3. This guy who brought a portable record player to a bar in London
4. This lady using a spinning wheel at a BMW service center
5. The owner of this cat (and probably the cat too)
6. This guy taking a selfie with an antique phone
7. This pet crab owner who thinks dogs are too mainstream
Image credits: unknown
8. This guy who has a seeing-eye person so he can text more
9. This guy who’s checking out the view with an antique spyglass
10. The guy whose bicycle is actually a fence
Image credits: unknown
11. This guy who brought his typewriter to his local cafe
12. The guy with a bunch of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans in his beard
13. This guy who has beanie hats for his ears
14. Whoever owns this USB shovel
15. This guy typing poems about anything in the street on his typewriter
16. This guy riding the most attention-grabbing bicycle he could find
17. Whoever’s wearing this mini grandfather clock on their wrist
18. This guy who goes to parties and hangs out on the fridge
19. The guy riding this 2×4 skateboard
20. The owner of this typewriter interface for their touch-screen device
21. The owner of this plank bicycle
22. The guy who went shopping here
23. This guy with a llama who thinks pet crabs are too mainstream
24. This guy using over $1k of technology to emulate a $20 instrument
25. …and this guy.
358KviewsShare on Facebook