Maa Tamagosan, a French-trained Japanese cook, just might have created a cookie that is too cute to eat. Her cookies look like cute little teddy bears clutching tasty nuts close to their hearts.
Luckily for us, Maa shared the recipe for these cookies on her blog so that the rest of the world can wrestle with the question of whether or not one can eat something so cute. If you have a nut allergy, Maa’s cute recipe can probably be used with other fillings in the center as well, like fruit jam or candy. The bear cookie form is probably the only special tool you’ll need.
Maa’s original recipe is written in Japanese, but there are numerous translations floating around, as well as the wonderful Google Translate tool.
‘Hey! It’s Mosogourmet’ provides an English translation of the recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320 F)
2. Mix 110g cake flour, 20g potato starch and a pinch of salt in bowl
3. Mix 40g beet sugar syrup, 10g honey and 30g vegetable oil in a small bowl
4. Once thoroughly mixed, spread between parchment paper and roll out with rolling pin
5. Use a bear cookie cutter to cut out the shapes
6. Draw the face (we used a nail dot pen), place the almond and have the bears hug them tight
7. Use leftover dough to make the tails
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°C (300 F) and bake for an additional 10 minutes
9. Take out of the oven and they’re done!
273KviewsShare on Facebook
Click to get our top posts