It rains a lot in Tel Aviv this time of the year, so moisture-loving garden snails come out – just like this particular snail, who got accidentally stepped on by a woman. The lady who injured the animal happened to believe that all lives matter, so she rushed the snail to the HaClinica animal hospital. There, they started to fix his shell.
“For the broken shell, we need a combination of patience and finesse with epoxy glue” the clinic wrote, as translated by Israeli blog From The Grapevine. “We make sure the glue stays outside the shell and does not penetrate the inner patch.”
The operation was a success. Soon the time came for the snail to move back into his little portable house. They named the snail Chevy. The brave survivor will stay at a clinic for a few more weeks or months to make sure he is ready to go back into the wild.