50 People Who Absolutely Nailed Their Halloween Costumes (New Pics)
Halloween, as we know it, would be nothing without the costumes. However, coming up with an original look year after year (especially if you're a dinosaur like me and were born in the last millennia) is not that easy.
So, to save your tushy in 2021 and give you some ideas, Bored Panda put together a list of some of the most brilliant Halloween outfits we've seen.
From Freddie Mercury Krueger to Post Malone, remember, it's not how much money you spend that counts, rather, it's the ability to think outside the box and the guts to try something new that will set you apart during the spooky celebration.
Scooby Doo Halloween Family
If these pictures are getting you pumped but you aren't quite sure who or what you want to transform into, Alison Soley, the editor of Face Crafts, has 10 tips to make this process (a little) easier:
1. Ask your inner child about it. Do you remember what was your favorite costume when you were little? Maybe one of a pirate or a princess? Use that idea as a launching point and move from there.
2. Browse your favorites. Consider your favorite comic book character, movie star, or even animal. They could all be the seed of inspiration you need to create a unique Halloween costume. For some extra spice, you can also combine this tip with the first one
Imagine Seeing Someone Wearing This On Halloween
Costume made by Willow Creative https://willow-creative.nl/
Freddie Mercury Krueger
The Perfect Halloween Costume
3. Take things too literally. If you're a book worm, for example, Soley suggests dressing in green, putting on a pair of glasses, and carrying an apple and a book around with you. You're sure to get some giggles this way.
4. Ask yourself if you are able to form a group. For instance, you could turn your shared love of superheroes into an excuse to deck your whole family out in DIY Marvel costumes.
Entering A Costume Contest Next Weekend
The last few years she’s cosplayed like male characters for Halloween and it’s hilarious to see her transform. Besides the vest ($20), everything was put together from things we had around the house. The cravat is the sash of a silk dress. The tie pin is a thumbtack. She’s sitting in front of a piece of art we have that we propped on the floor.
My Medusa Build Using Foam Mats From The Dollar Store
5. Consider tights, stockings, or leggings. Soley highlighted that they are an easy fix for many DIY girl costumes. If the costume incorporates a dress or skirt, adding nude, pink, or black tights can add warmth without detracting anything from the style.
6. Capes! Witches and warlocks and other such scary costumes benefit a lot from a simple cape or cloak — even something as simple as a t-shirt can do the trick.
Halloween Is Coming
Halloween Costume Is Done
Rosey The Robot From The Jetsons. Handmade Costume By My Roommate
7. Incorporate a coat into a child costume for auto coziness. Whether the little one is playing a cowboy, zombie, or even an animal, it's an extra layer of warmth that doesn't jeopardize the look. Picture your child wearing a horse costume and a jacket with a racing number attached to it. It can still be a cute Halloween costume, just with a little extra flair.
8. Look out for possible costume components at your local second-hands. As Soley pointed out, thrift stores can be great sources for unexpected Halloween ideas. You never know what you can find there. Just keep an open mind when scanning the shelves.
A Krampus A Day Keeps The Xmas Away
Never Gonna Give You Up
My Very 2020 Halloween Costume. An N95 Fits Inside The Mask, And The Atomizer I’m Holding Is Filled With Hand Sanitizer
9. Recycle old clothes. Whether you cut up a t-shirt to use as a base for a costume or write something witty on a shirt for a quick costume, this can be a great last-second option.
10. Take advantage of past fashions. If you still have a cool sweater from decades ago, consider using it to create a retro costume for your kids (or yourself). The possibilities are endless when you use old clothes for fresh ideas.
Happy Halloween From Zamunda To Queens
A Happy Belated Halloween From Our Artsy Family
Adam's Family Halloween
We Are Venom
My Halloween Costume: Mary Poppins! Been Working On It All Summer In Quarantine
After Getting Hit By A Car This Year, I Thought This Was The Only Appropriate Costume For Halloween
I Was A Victorian Ghost For Halloween
Was Told My Wife's Halloween Makeup Belonged Here
Covid Ruined My Halloween
My Wife Made Her Own How To Train Your Dragon Costume From Scratch For Halloween
I Put My Halloween Costume On A Week Early And Was Too Excited To Not Share How It Looked
My Friends Airbender Halloween Costume
Danny Devitos Penguin
Put Me In Coach, Just Give Me A Chance
But Remember, We’re The Wet Bandits
A Local Bar Holds St. Patrick Swayze Day Every Year For His Birthday, Here Is My Costume
Family Costume Halloween 2020
I Decided To Dress Up As A Vampire For Halloween
Vice Presidential Debate Fly
Got A Little Groovy This Year As A Lava Lamp
Pulled This Prank On My Brother 2 Years Ago
This Year I Decided To Be A Murderous Mermaid For Halloween! It Took Me About 4.5 Hours
My Friend Rae, Has Her Own Latex Company, This Is Her Handmade Costume This Year
I’ve Come To The Realization, Dressing Up As The Opposite Gender For Halloween Is Significantly Underrated
Thought I'd Share My Family's Halloween Costumes Pre-Covid. Sucks So Bad That Halloween Festivities In My Area Have Dwindled Even More
Post Malone For Halloween. Turned Out Better Than Anticipated
My 13-Year-Old Wanted To Be A Creepy Rabbit So I Made Him This
I Cannot For The Life Of Me Understand Why Small Children Take So Long To Grow Up. I Think They Do It Deliberately, Just To Annoy Me
Sweeney Todd - Halloween 2020
I'm Doing A Costume A Day For October. Today Is Day 1/31. Lumiere From Beauty And The Beast
I’m Up For Tenure Today And Figured This Was The Best Way To Put A Spell On My Admins. Fingers Crossed
My Doom Suit I Made For Halloween This Year
Morticia And Gomez
My Daughter's Bat Morph Suit
Happy Halloween From The Torrance Family
My Brother As "The Dude"
Note: this post originally had 119 images. It’s been shortened to the top 50 images based on user votes.