Lower back pain can be caused by many factors. Sometimes it is a symptom of a serious body dysfunction or sometimes it can be caused by making an abrupt movement, lifting up something heavy, overstraining your muscles or sitting in an uncomfortable position for a long time. If you feel unbearable pain that runs down your leg and into your foot, it’s always worth a try to do some exercises instead of taking medicine.
Things to take into account:
- The aim of this workout is to release muscle spasms in the piriformis that are irritating your sciatic nerve.
- Do these exercises slowly and don’t force yourself. If you feel severe pain when doing the workout, it’s better to stop and visit a doctor.
- Hold each position for 30 seconds.
The initial position: sitting in a chair with your back straight and your bent knees perpendicular to the floor.
- Put the affected leg on the other leg — the affected one should be parallel to the floor.
- Put both your hands on the calf of the affected leg.
- Slowly start bending forward using your upper leg as support and get as low as you can.
- Drop your hands downward and hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Slowly return to the initial position.
- Repeat the exercise one more time with the other leg.>>>>READ MORE