Almost everyone can agree that cooking is an artform. This is why it’s important to rely not only on our cooking talent, but on a set of rules, as well. What’s more, cooking has its own secrets that chefs pass down from one generation to the next.
Boredpanda.com gathered some little-known tricks that will make your dishes even tastier and worthy of the world’s best kitchens.
- Love chili peppers, but want less of the kick? Just remove the seeds and veins and rinse them in cold water. The spiciness will dissapear, but the taste will stay the same.
- You can get crispy crust potatoes without the frying oil by simply powdering them with flour and baking them.
- Counting calories? You can replace heavy cream with 3/4 whipped egg whites when making dessert.
- If you’re not sure whether to put vegetables in boiling or cold water, keep this tip in mind: veggies that grow under the ground require cold water, and those that grow above the ground require hot water.
- When whipping egg whites, flip the bowl upside down to check the consistency: if it is ready, the substance should stay in the bowl.
- Use beets baked in foil for salads: unlike boiled beets, baked beets contain more vitamins and retain more taste and color… Show More
Tags: cooking, food & dining, how to’s, cooking, food & dining, how to’s, cooking, food & dining, how to’s