Flexibility plays a more important role in our well-being than we may realize. Experts believe that good flexibility helps you to achieve better results in your training, increases mobility and muscle coordination, reduces muscle pain, and prevents injuries. Good flexibility also improves blood circulation and it may play an important role in preventing some serious illnesses, like arthritis, diabetes, and kidney problems.
1. Cat-cow stretch
A cat-cow stretch is great to start to warming up the spine, it also works on the flexibility of the back, neck, and shoulders.
- Get on your hands and knees.
- Arch your back slowly, dropping your stomach to the floor and raising your head up.
- Pause for a few seconds.
- Slowly round your back up like a cat.
- Repeat 10 times.
2. Back extension stretch
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Come up on your elbows keeping your stomach down to the floor.
- Then push up on your hands, in a pseudo push-up position, but still keeping your hips on the ground.
- Hold it for 30 seconds, repeat 3 times.>>>READ MORE