What to do when your wife has a birthday coming up and you are out of ideas what to get her? Well, you can always follow these simple steps for great success.
1) Go a head and buy or try to find a hand made Viking armour replica, arm braces, shield, hand embroided shirt, authentic viking sword and other needed gear.
2) Find a one-eyed horse who can lay down on command.
3) Get together an awesome team of friends to help you to turn your wife into Lagertha by doing the hair and makeup and to assist with the photoshoot.
4) Get some smoke machines and bombs and get the team into some awesome location near the lake and shoot some frames to match one of your wifes favourite TV series of all time.
5) Then spend next couple of days retouching those images to make them look like original posters from the Vikings series and post them online for everyone to see.
Birthday present… DONE! Actually, this is also my dream. To do these kind of images for real. Still a dream, but I’m one step closer. BTS images by JP Palmunen.
More info: anttikarppinen.com
My wife as Lagertha in epic movie poster themed image
“I will revenge you my love”. One-eyed horse laying down on sand
“Be prepared my sword is drawn”. We found awesome location for the photoshoot
The detail of the armour, shirt, hair and makeup was amazing
“Watching the flames”
First stages of the Lagertha armour by Bard & Jester
Lagertha season 3 armour ready. And that thing is heavy!
Detailed hand-made Lagertha shield by Marko Paakkanen
Getting the makeup done by Laura Puntila
BTS and trailer material by Tuomo Jalkanen
One-eyed horse Riksu
Smoke bombs away
Short video of the photoshoot
1KviewsShare on Facebook